[USML Announce] Hot Wax Seal -- Manny Wants Out

RICHARD ROBBINS RICHARD.ROBBINS at morningstar.com
Mon Jul 28 16:50:36 EDT 2008

As has been widely reported, once again, Manny Ramirez is unhappy with
the Red-Hots.
"I'm tired of them. They're tired of me," Ramirez said, according to The
Associated Press, before Sunday night's 9-2 victory over the Winick
Berliners.
In an interview with ESPNdeportes.com earlier Sunday, Ramirez said he
will not block a trade if the Red Hots want to go in that direction.
"If the Red Hots are a better team without Manny Ramirez, they should
trade me; I will not object," he said.
"I don't have any preferences. I could choose a team that offers me the
best conditions or one in the chase for the postseason. I don't care
where I play, I can even play in Iraq if need be. My job is to play
baseball," Ramirez added.

"We've decided to take Manny at his word and wish him the best" said
Red-Hots GM Rich Robbins, to that end, the Red Hots have traded:

Manny Ramirez (who consented to the deal), Daisuke Matsuzaka, and Eric
Hurley

to the Klein Nine for

Jermaine Dye, Ervin Santana, and Brandon Inge