[USML Announce] Notice of Hot Wax Seal

Jim Barrett chicagojab at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 06:57:00 EDT 2008

I agree with Mark. The deal should be effective next week.

  On another note, I note that Street appears to have been traded 3 times in the span of a few days. He went from the Calamari to the Red Hots, to the Nukes, to the AYM.

Mark Blocker <mbblocker at aol.com> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}                Mark/Doug/others:

    I hate to be Johnny One-note here, but this trade was consummated too late to count towards this week.  As I have been repeatedly warning, the deadline for roster moves this year is noon EASTERN.  Below I am pasting in the text of an e-mail I sent on 5/23, just three weeks ago, on this very subject.  I sent this e-mail after one of the two owners involved in this trade had missed an earlier deadline.  My own view is that I think we have to enforce these time restrictions and by mid-June, I think it is fair to expect owners to know them.  However, if there is unanimous consent among the league to allow this late trade, I will certainly take the necessary steps to process it.

     -- Mark B.

  Here is the text of my 5/23 e-mail:

  Gang:

    As I leaguewide reminder, I wanted to point out the deadlines for submitting roster and FAAB moves.

  1.  FAAB:  FAAB bids must be submitted by midnight EASTERN time to be assured of being subject to the evaluator program.

  2.  Roster moves:  Roster moves must be entered by noon EASTERN on Sundays.  While I have mentioned this before, I want to remind league members of this fact because this is a change from long-standing practice.  If you are like me, you are used to hurrying to get roster moves in before the noon deadline.  However, because the CBS system uses eastern time deadlines, you have to hurry to get them in by 11:00 a.m. central.  If you are late, the system will still process the moves, but it will make them effective the following week.

    Enjoy the long weekend.

    -- Mark B.