[USML Announce] USML - Summary of Various Issues

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Sun Mar 9 12:24:32 EDT 2008

Agreed.  It was a retention misunderstanding, the kind of thing we sort out
all of the time without implicating the free drop rule.

  _____

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf
Of Jeff Winick
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 11:37 AM
To: USML Announcements
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] USML - Summary of Various Issues

Too harsh to Andy. I propose we let him keep his free drop.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 9, 2008, at 11:10 AM, "Blocker, Mark B." <mblocker at Sidley.com> wrote:

League:

        I want to finalize three items: (1) the miscellaneous roster moves
that were made late Friday or in the flurry of e-mail on Saturday; (2) the
deadline for Section 17.2 free waivers (the so-called Dump-A-Dog), and (3)
the final money check.

1.      Miscellaneous Roster moves

        Here is my understanding of the last-minute roster moves I received.
Let me know if I am leaving anything out.

        a.      Calamari:  retain Slowey instead of M. Redmond

        b.      Hoosiers: retain Buerhle instead of Youkilis

        c.      Klein Nine:  waive Craig Hansen (section 17.2 waiver)

2.      Dump-A-Dog Deadline

        The deadline for submitting free drops will be this Wednesday, March
12, at 5:00 p.m. central.  I am assuming Klein's release of Craig Hansen
counts as his 17.2 waiver, but let me know if that is mistaken.

3.      Final money check

        Here is the finalized version of the money check, with the
corrections noted yesterday  :

AYM - 14/159
Bombers - 14/192
Brats - 14/189
K 9 - 14/174
Lake M. Calarmari - 15/201 (corrected)
GOP - 14/162
RipTorns - 14/187
Red Hots - 14/192
Nukes - 14/217
Berliners - 14/198 (corrected)
Hoosiers - 14/177

        I will circulate instructions for draft day in the near future.

  -- Mark B.

Sidley Austin LLP mail server made the following annotations on 03/09/08,
11:10:19:

-------------------------

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: To comply with certain U.S. Treasury
regulations, we inform you

that, unless expressly stated otherwise, any U.S. federal tax advice
contained in this

communication, including attachments, was not intended or written to be
used, and cannot be

used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be
imposed on such

taxpayer by the Internal Revenue Service.  In addition, if any such tax
advice is used or referred

to by other parties in promoting, marketing or recommending any partnership
or other entity,

investment plan or arrangement, then (i) the advice should be construed as
written in connection

with the promotion or marketing by others of the transaction(s) or matter(s)
addressed in this

communication and (ii) the taxpayer should seek advice based on the
taxpayer's particular

circumstances from an independent tax advisor.

This e-mail is sent by a law firm and may contain information that is
privileged or confidential.

If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any
attachments and notify us

immediately.

=