[USML Announce] Rocco on the Rocks

jhwinick at aol.com jhwinick at aol.com
Wed Mar 12 12:21:23 EDT 2008

This?just in:

Rocco Baldelli will be sidelined indefinitely due to metabolic and/or mitochondrial abnormalities that leave him feeling extremely fatigued after even brief workouts.

Baldelli was on the verge of tears several times while discussing the details of what he called a life-threatening condition. "As far as my baseball career I'm not here to stand in front of you telling you I'm retiring,'' Baldelli said. "We're still going pursue any avenue that we can to try to figure out what is going on and have a better understanding of what is going on. But at this time throughout all of the extensive testing that we've done, we don't have a concrete answer." He'll be placed on the disabled list to start the season, and his career seems in jeopardy if Doctors can't diagnose the problem. Mar. 12 - 12:35 pm et

The Berliner management is engaged in high level meetings at this time, but representatives say that?the franchise is expected to have an announcement regarding Mr. Baldelli later this afternoon.

That is all.

Jeff Winick