[USML Announce] Bombers Blue Chippers

Mark Blocker mbblocker at aol.com
Sun May 18 09:48:04 EDT 2008

With the June 1 opening of the trading season for minor leaguers, I thought
as a public service I would pass on these tidbits..

Intro:  Rotoworld keeps a list - updated weekly -- of the Top 100 Prospects
in professional baseball.  Of the top 6 prospects, 3 are in the NL, one is
owned by Brad, and the other two are:  David Price and Matt Wieters, both
owned by the Bombers.  Let's look and see how each of them is doing..

1.  Regarding 2007 #1 overall pick David Price

David Price, out since the spring with a strained muscle near his elbow,
fanned 10 over five innings in an extended spring training game Saturday
morning.  Price even struck out Alex Rodriguez twice.

2.  Regarding 2007 Top Ten pick Matt Wieters (Catcher)

Q:  Hey Mark, what did Matt Wieters do last week?

A:  11-24, 3 HR this week; AA soon