[USML Announce] The King And I

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Wed May 21 16:09:34 EDT 2008

On 5/21/08, jhwinick at aol.com <jhwinick at aol.com> wrote:

> Mark (and the rest of the league),

Huh....Did I trade away Quentin already?
  Brad "I'll Never Bust Your Balls" Jansen

My comment about skepticism is, ironically, very similar to Mark B.'s
comment about wishing that there were more trades like this.  I do think the
league membership is skeptical about trades that are designed to benefit
both teams for the current season for two reasons:  (1) the trading
philosophy in the league is to "win" the trade as opposed to making a trade
that should work out for both participants and (2) because its so easy to
end up looking like a fool if you guess wrong (i.e. trading away Carlos
Quentin).