[USML Announce] USML - Impact Players from 2008 Rotation Draft

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Wed Oct 1 07:50:27 EDT 2008

Rich:

Those players were excellent values, but I think Doug was talking about players purchased in 2008. Here are five that were acquire in the last 50 auction picks for prices of $5 or less:

1. Alexei Ramirez - 4
2. Mike Mussina - 3
3. Ben Francisco - 4
4. Gavin Floyd - 1
5. Brandon Morrow - 1

Doug, Kudos on Mussina. Everyone loves young guys, but that just goes to show there are some diamonds in the rough among the vets.

Finally, special mention for Jeff W., who acquired Carlos Quentin late for $10.

-- Mark B.

Mark B. Blocker
Sidley Austin LLP
One South Dearborn Street