[USML Announce] Ask Brad

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Sun Oct 5 09:47:45 EDT 2008

Dear Brad,

I am a White Sox fan.  My teenage son is a Cubs fan.  I've tried to be
open-minded and allow him to express himself -- I assumed that this is just
one of those teenage things that I'm going to need to continue to deal with.
I don't want to be one of those parents who imposes his beliefs on his kids
only to see them anrgily rebel and tear at the fabric of our family.  Today,
my child told me that all he cares about at the moment is hoping that Tampa
Bay beats the White Sox.  Perhaps I have been in denial too long.  What
should I do? Where should I draw the line?

Signed,

An Anguished Glencoe Father