[USML Announce] FW: Cancellation Shocker

Richard Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Tue Oct 28 10:02:03 EDT 2008

  _____

From: borowitzreport.com [mailto:andy at borowitzreport.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:26 AM
To: rerobbins at itinker.net
Subject: Cancellation Shocker

<http://borowitzreport.list-manage.com/track/click?u=49de3335c30245ecd0fa291
aa&id=bd024ffe27&e=TguOfpWvy4> Borowitz Report

 Borowitz Report <http://www.borowitzreport.com/images/header-bottom.jpg>

October 28, 2008

World Series Cancelled for Lack of Interest

Phillies Led, Something to Something

<http://www.borowitzreport.com/Uploads/07e714be-8e89-43be-b10d-a5183c5b5fa1.
jpg>

In an unprecedented move, Major League Baseball cancelled the 2008 World
Series today, citing "overwhelming lack of interest."

This year's contest, featuring the Philadelphia Phillies and some other
team, will be the first-ever World Series to be yanked before completion,
but in the words of one baseball executive, "We're fairly sure no one will
notice."

The decision to pull the plug on the Series came last night after the fifth
game of the contest was rain-delayed and suspended with the score standing
at something to something.

Some guys were on base and another guy was pitching when the rains came, but
no one in the stadium showed a flicker of interest in the outcome.

"Enough already," said baseball commissioner Bud Selig.  "Let's put this
thing out of its misery."

At Fox Broadcasting, executives were reportedly "deliriously happy" about
the cancellation of the low-rated Series and immediately announced plans to
replace it with reruns of "Family Guy" and "House."

In Philadelphia, slugger Ryan Howard was philosophical about the decision to
pull the Series: "I wasn't really following it - who was ahead, anyway?"

 Andy's Upcoming Events <http://www.borowitzreport.com/images/events.jpg>

Upcoming Events

January 1, 2009 at 12:01AM

Andy's 2009 Shows

Watch this space for Andy's performances in 2009.

<http://borowitzreport.list-manage.com/track/click?u=49de3335c30245ecd0fa291
aa&id=1d7390ba40&e=TguOfpWvy4> The Borowitz Report: Waste Someone's Time:
<http://borowitzreport.list-manage.com/track/click?u=49de3335c30245ecd0fa291
aa&id=223cd85616&e=TguOfpWvy4> Forward to a Friend.

<http://borowitzreport.list-manage.com/track/click?u=49de3335c30245ecd0fa291
aa&id=3e3ec14ded&e=TguOfpWvy4> Sign up today for your own Borowitz Reports.

aa&id=743947b930&e=TguOfpWvy4&c=ab47089106> Remove me from this list.

<http://borowitzreport.list-manage.com/track/click?u=49de3335c30245ecd0fa291
aa&id=a2743dad37&e=TguOfpWvy4> Delivered by MailChimp

<http://borowitzreport.list-manage.com/track/open.php?u=49de3335c30245ecd0fa
291aa&id=ab47089106&e=TguOfpWvy4>