[USML Announce] Is It Time for Dandy Don to Start Singing?

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Fri Sep 26 08:53:07 EDT 2008

Jeff:

  A non-baseball anecdote comes to mind.  One my favorite episodes of Seinfeld was "The Opposite," when the downtrodden George starts doing the opposite of whatever his instincts tell him to do, and his life starts turning around for the better ("I'm doing the opposite, baby").  Meanwhile, Elaine starts making George-like mistakes, and her life takes a turn for the worse, and starts to resemble George's life ("I've become George...").  I am not saying this episode has any relevance here Elaine...er Jeff...but it just came to mind.

  -- Mark B.

P.S.  Thanks for the tip last year about how long-time Bomber Denard Span would never amount to anything.

________________________________

	From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf Of jhwinick at aol.com
	Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 12:43 AM
	To: announce at usml.net
	Subject: [USML Announce] Is It Time for Dandy Don to Start Singing?

	With but a very few short days left in the season, the soon to be not so Angry Young Men have now opened up a 6 1/2 point margin.

	As Dandy Don would say...."turn out the lights, the party's over....."

	On an unrelated note, I have to confess that I finally understand this "drive for five" thing.  Having been passed up by the Hoosier Daddies for fourth place, I have discovered that if you're not going to win, fifth place is not a bad spot at all.  Let's see, I think it goes something like this:  "With the first pick of the reserve draft, I choose......."

	That Mark Blocker isn't a Harvard Law School grad for nothing.

	That is all!

	The King (at least for the next few days)

	Find phone numbers fast with the New AOL Yellow Pages <http://yellowpages.aol.com/?NCID=emlweusyelp00000001> !