[USML Announce] USML - transactions update

Mark Blocker mbblocker at aol.com
Fri Apr 3 23:36:53 EDT 2009

League:

  Because there has been a good deal of e-mail traffic today on the subject
of transactions, I thought I would review a few items.

1.  E-bay bidding:  Good news - OnRoto has now configured our system to use
E-bay style FAAB bidding (they call it "Vickrey" bidding").  This means that
FAAB budgets should be automatically adjusted all year long.  If this
actually works, it will mean much more automation for our league.

2.  Rosters submitted:  I have now submitted the rosters.  This means our
league should be operational.

3.  Roster moves:  Each owner can input their own roster moves, as many
owners have discovered.  The deadline for doing so is noon central on
Sunday.

4.  FAAB/Waiver claims:  There are no FAAB bids this week, and no
outcome-determinative waiver claims this week either.  However, next week
owners can submit bids and waiver claims; the deadline to submit them is
midnight on Saturday night (i.e., the time that comes right after 11:59 p.m.
Saturday night, not Friday night).  Once submitted, the "Bidmeister" system
will process bids according to our rules, and the players awarded through
winning bids/claims will show up on rosters Sunday morning.  It is up to
each owner to then adjust their roster, if needed.

5.  Deadlines:  To repeat, the deadline for FAAB bids and waiver claims is
midnight Saturday night; the deadline for all other roster moves
(activate/reserve/trades) is noon on Sunday.  All moves of all kinds are
effective as of Sunday.

6.  Note to Jeff:  Please review all of our league settings (go to
Commissioner pages/setup) and tell me if you disagree with any choices I
made.  Lets huddle, though, before you make any changes, as I have gone
through the setting with great care.

  Let me know if you have any questions.