[USML Announce] (no subject)

springkerb at aol.com springkerb at aol.com
Sat Dec 19 12:08:24 EST 2009

The "lack of evidence" consisted of:  (1) a claim it wasn't his (never heard that one before), and (2) a lack of testing to show the exact concentration of codeine.  But I'm glad to see you coming down on the side of the defense--very enlightened.  I'm sure you'll be joining NORML any day now.

As for Shakespeare, the widely quoted line was spoken in the context of a planned insurrection by what today we would probably label communists (led by a demagogue named Jack Cade).  The person who spoke the line was Dick the Butcher, one of Cade's simple-minded followers.  The full meaning is essentially that, if you want to impose an autocratic regime on the people, the first thing you should do is to kill all the lawyers.  That idea obviously has not been lost on modern autocrats--Putin, etc.