[USML Announce] Minor League Draft

jhwinick at aol.com jhwinick at aol.com
Tue Jun 9 17:52:06 EDT 2009

Gentlemen (and Brad Lee),

The 2009 MLB Minor League Draft is under way.? It turns out that there weren't too many draft eligible players chosen in the reserve round.? In fact, as far as I can tell, there were only four selected:

Grant Green - Berliners
Dustin Ackley - Red Hots
Kentrail Davis - Red Hots
Stephen Strasburg - Hoosier Daddies

Stephen Strasburg was the overall #1 choice of the Washington Nationals.? As Mr. Gammons soon recognized, he won't be playing in the AL and he was therefore released long ago.

Dustin Ackley was taken #2 by the Seattle Mariners and should have a quick path to he majors if his bat holds up once he switches to wood.? Congratulations Rich.

Davis and Green have not yet been drafted, but I will update you as soon as they come off the board.

That is all.

TOeFuKi