[USML Announce] USML - Roster Update

Mark Blocker mbblocker at aol.com
Sat Mar 21 02:06:38 EDT 2009

League:

  Rosters are now posted on the website.  As in the past, I ask that (a)
each team review its own roster and report any errors by e-mail, and (b)
some of the more careful eyes in the league review all of the rosters (not
just their own) to look for errors.  I have no doubt that there were some
inputting errors, and those can be easily corrected.  Please keep the
correction e-mails coming this weekend and I will address them as received.
Thanks to everyone in advance for doing this, and for your patience with my
schedule, which has not allowed me to enter the rosters as quickly as I
would have liked.

  We also have two other issues to deal with: (1) some players are not
listed in the OnRoto player database (but the database is actually very
robust), and (2) some players that were taken in the rotation rounds were
either in the NL when drafted or have now signed in the NL.  I will deal
with issue #1 by sending a request to add the players to OnRoto; I propose
that we deal with issue #2 after we get all the rosters correct.

  It is important to get the league roster cleaned up because the system
will only start keeping stats and processing transactions once the rosters
are "submitted," a term the system uses for notifying it that all rosters
are in good order.  It is not advisable to "submit" the rosters before we do
the clean-up, because making changes is far easier now.  We may not be able
to submit the rosters until we add the remaining players to the database.

  Here is the list of players and teams affected by issues #1 and #2 above:

A.        Players not in the database

1.         Grant Green (SS/USC - college)                    Berliners

2.         Aaron Hicks (OF - Minn.)                              Berliners

3.         Dustin Ackley (1B - N. Carolina - college)   Red-Hots

4.         Kentrail Davis (OF - Tenn. - college)            Red-Hots

5.         Dennis Raben (Sea - Position?)                      Red-Hots

6.         Juan Ramirez (Sea - Position?)                       Red-Hots

7.         Shooter Hunt (Min - Position?)                      Red-Hots

B.        National Leaguers

1.         Ivan Rodriguez (rotation)                               Calamari

2.         Matt Murton (rotation)                                   Calamari

  Please let me know if you have any other questions or issues relating to
the rosters.