[USML Announce] USML; Rips' Roster--One Correction

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Sat Mar 21 12:42:31 EDT 2009

corrected.

________________________________

	From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf Of Brad Jansen
	Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2009 10:06 AM
	To: USML Announcements
	Subject: [USML Announce] USML; Rips' Roster--One Correction

	Hi, Mark.  Michael Barrett's salary is $3, not $2.  Otherwise, it looks good. Thanks for handling.

	--Brad

	On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 2:06 AM, Mark Blocker <mbblocker at aol.com> wrote:

		League:

		  Rosters are now posted on the website.  As in the past, I ask that (a) each team review its own roster and report any errors by e-mail, and (b) some of the more careful eyes in the league review all of the rosters (not just their own) to look for errors.  I have no doubt that there were some inputting errors, and those can be easily corrected.  Please keep the correction e-mails coming this weekend and I will address them as received.  Thanks to everyone in advance for doing this, and for your patience with my schedule, which has not allowed me to enter the rosters as quickly as I would have liked.

		  We also have two other issues to deal with: (1) some players are not listed in the OnRoto player database (but the database is actually very robust), and (2) some players that were taken in the rotation rounds were either in the NL when drafted or have now signed in the NL.  I will deal with issue #1 by sending a request to add the players to OnRoto; I propose that we deal with issue #2 after we get all the rosters correct.

		  It is important to get the league roster cleaned up because the system will only start keeping stats and processing transactions once the rosters are ?submitted,? a term the system uses for notifying it that all rosters are in good order.  It is not advisable to ?submit? the rosters before we do the clean-up, because making changes is far easier now.  We may not be able to submit the rosters until we add the remaining players to the database.

		  Here is the list of players and teams affected by issues #1 and #2 above:

		A.        Players not in the database

		1.         Grant Green (SS/USC ? college)                    Berliners

		2.         Aaron Hicks (OF ? Minn.)                              Berliners

		3.         Dustin Ackley (1B ? N. Carolina ? college)   Red-Hots

		4.         Kentrail Davis (OF ? Tenn. ? college)            Red-Hots

		5.         Dennis Raben (Sea ? Position?)                      Red-Hots

		6.         Juan Ramirez (Sea ? Position?)                       Red-Hots

		7.         Shooter Hunt (Min ? Position?)                      Red-Hots

		B.        National Leaguers

		1.         Ivan Rodriguez (rotation)                               Calamari

		2.         Matt Murton (rotation)                                   Calamari

		  Please let me know if you have any other questions or issues relating to the rosters.

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: To comply with certain U.S. Treasury regulations, we inform you
that, unless expressly stated otherwise, any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this
communication, including attachments, was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be
used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed on such
taxpayer by the Internal Revenue Service. In addition, if any such tax advice is used or referred
to by other parties in promoting, marketing or recommending any partnership or other entity,
investment plan or arrangement, then (i) the advice should be construed as written in connection
with the promotion or marketing by others of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed in this
communication and (ii) the taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer's particular
circumstances from an independent tax advisor.
immediately.