[USML Announce] Hoosier Dads Provide Berliners Little Ray of Hope

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Tue May 12 15:39:13 EDT 2009

Only one team obstructs Jeffrey Winick's quest to become the first ten-point
team in USML history: Rick Gammmons' Hoosier Daddies.  "I can easily plummet
to the bottom in wins, Porcello and Cecil willing," mused the ever-scheming
Roto Meister Jeffrey Winick.  "But to accomplish my goal of achieving just
ten points, the Hoosier Daddies have got to get at least 4 saves this year.
I can't believe I'm still ahead of him, 3 to 0.   With Chris Ray on his
staff I thought that would never be possible.  But alas, I'm no longer so
sure."

"Look," responded the ever-thoughtful and always-bearded Rick Gammons.  "I'm
doing everything I can to keep my team afloat, from trading my cornerstone
Betancourt to bidding $80 of my FAAB on Mitch Maier.  Nothing is working
right now, but I fervently hope Scott Linebrink can net me a few saves while
Bobby Jenks serves his 45-day suspension for dying his beard pink. That
would help the Berliners achieve their goal and, if Nix, Pods and Getz get
it into gear maybe I'll have a shot at the Nukes.  And with guys like Thome
and Betemit on their active roster, I think I can stay within striking
distance. Of course, Blocker keeps pestering me to trade him Carlos Pena and
Grady Sizemore for the likes of Andrew Bailey and Matt Palmer, his alleged
'closers-in-waiting'...but until he puts Andy Marte on the table there's no
point talkin'.  And how 'bout them Hawks, eh? And I ain't talkin' NBA,
boys."