[USML Announce] Hoosier Dads Provide Berliners Little Ray of Hope

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Wed May 13 08:57:30 EDT 2009

Andy:

  Like you, I have a soft spot for Ziegler and Wuertz, because they are both so much closer to my age than 24-year old flamethrower Andrew Bailey.  However, I am not sure if that is really going to help W or Z close games, so I will stick to watching the new closer for an organization that loves young pitchers.

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf Of Andrew Klein
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 6:52 AM
To: USML Announcements
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] Hoosier Dads Provide Berliners Little Ray of Hope

Dear Little Rippers,

It would be best to pen your ode to young Mr. Bailey quickly, before he
fades back into obscurity.  Assuming we're talking about the same guy,
it looks like he spent last year as a AA swing man, compiling an ERA
over 4.00 with a horrible WHIP.  Not exactly Goose Gossage material.

Anyway, Big Z will be back in the A's pen soon.  Until then, Michael
Wuertz is the Man!

That is all.

Humbly,

-Andy