[USML Announce] The Moment We've All Been Waiting For

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Thu May 28 08:26:09 EDT 2009

Jeff and others:

  I, for one, am quite excited for the Wieters Debut.  While he is unfortunately no longer on my roster, I am very interested to see how he does once he is up with the big club, and not just abusing minor league pitching.  My other former "prospect" David Price is already up and looks sizzling; enjoy, Rich.  The league should take note that these high quality prospects emanated from the Bombers roster, not the Riptorns, for as Jeff quite correctly notes, Brad is almost never right about prospects.  As Mr. T would have said, I "pity the fool" who takes some of Brad's meager prospects once June 1 rolls around.  Brad may be walking down the Path of Truth, but he ain't walkin down it with any good prospects in tow.  Buyer Beware.

  -- Mark B.

________________________________

	From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf Of jhwinick at aol.com
	Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 8:18 AM
	To: announce at usml.net
	Subject: Re: [USML Announce] The Moment We've All Been Waiting For

	Jim,

	A worthy effort at touting a young prospect and certainly sufficient to qualify you for membership in DUMP.  My heartiest congratulations.

	The fact that you're woefully mistaken is, of course, forgiven.  Brad Lee is an honored member of DUMP and he's almost never right about prospects.  His real talent is convincing others of the potential acomplishments that his prospects may one day achieve.  It would appear that you share this particular talent.  Run with it....it has certainly been of great help to Brad.

	As for Mr. Reimold, I've seen him play in the Arizona Fall League for at least a few years now.  Destined to be a fourth outfielder on just about any major league team other than the Nationals or the Orioles, he just might be in the right place to pull down a full time role.  But hot commodity he's not.  I'd take Wieters, Arietta, and Matusz long before him.  And, all three of those guys are comfortably residing on my roster.  In fairness, I would also take Tillman, who somehow escaped my grasp during the rotation draft.

	That is all.

	TOeFuKi