[USML Announce] Hey Jeff

jhwinick at aol.com jhwinick at aol.com
Sun May 31 08:52:26 EDT 2009

I have been asked to post these thoughts on behalf of Brad Lee:

To:? jhwinick at aol.com
From:? bljansen at hotmail.com
Re:? over-hyped rooks
Date:? May 31, 2009

Jeff,

Please post these thoughts for me.? I would post them myself, but I'm afraid that the Little Ripper would once again read something into my words and come out swinging.? You know how fragile my confidence is right now and I just don't think I could take another shot from him.? He hurts me so.? Not that I can't understand his self protective instict to lash out at me to cover the entirely unfair trades that he made with you and Rich.? Come on....I trade away Evan freaking Longoria and he trades away two magic beans.? WTF?!?!? Anyway....I digress.??knowing how much Mark B.?respects you, I'm confident he won't attack me once again if its you that posts my thoughts for me.?

My thoughts:

Wieters is off to a perfectly ordinary start.? 0-4 is his debut and looking completely overmatched.? He improved modestly in his second outing, but let's face it - the guy is making it crystal clear that he's a decent, maybe even good,?but decidedly not spectacular catcher.? And I can get those guys at the draft for 6-8 dollars.? Yawn.? Is he a talent of the caliber of an Alexi Ramirez?? I think we all know the answer to that question.? And the good news is that Alexi can be yours......if the price is right.

Speaking of price....

David has yet to make it?through the 6th.? This kid burns through pitches the way I pen?little ditties to annoy my fellow league members - fast and furious.??100 pitches through 3 1/3 in his first outing and 108 pitches through 5 and 2/3 in?his second outing.? But I'll give the kid the benefit of the doubt - he looked almost (let's?say that again for emphasis) almost as good as the guy he was facing yesterday looked during his rookie season.? You might recall the awesomeness of Mr. Liriano a few short years ago.? I'm just saying......?

But, if any of you are still believers, Francisco can be had for a price that will pale in comparison to the price paid for Price.? And here's a prediction for you:? the young phenom pitcher for the Tigers (a former Riptorn that I regretfully gave away in a deal that I am certain to regret for years) will end up being a better pitcher that the more exalted Price.? You heard it here first.

Brad Lee Badfinger

Now I'm off to pen some longwinded rant about my nemisis the Little Ripper.? Back atcha soon.? Thanks for posting this for me.

Brad