[USML Announce] USML - Roster moves

springkerb at aol.com springkerb at aol.com
Sun Apr 4 09:09:04 EDT 2010

I actually saw a couple of stories on that episode this week.  Obviously, Scheyer's a bright kid, and he made the right choice.  Where would anybody want to have been over the past few years--Illinois or Duke?  Duh.

Anyone who pays any attention to college recruiting (in any sport) knows that a kid hasn't signed until he's signed.  Anyone who calls a kid a "traitor" simply for choosing what's right for him is full of shit.  And it doesn't make any difference at all whether anybody thought they knew where the kid would go or not.  Illinois doesn't have any kind of claim to a kid just because he's from Illinois or there's a connection with his high school coach.  So Scheyer narrowed it down to a couple of choices.  Duke (and Scheyer) won, and Illinois lost.  Big deal.  Quit whining and move on.