[USML Announce] Berliners Get Gregg Up On Stumbling Competition

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 22:16:02 EDT 2010

"Sometimes it simply isn't enough for others to tout my greatness,"
exclaimed the unusually animated Jeffrey Winick.   "There are times when I
must engage in some chest-thumping and now is as good as any.  Look, did
anyone besides me have any clue that Kevin Gregg would assume the closer's
role by mid-April, and --according to my sabremetrics-- lead the AL in saves
and Ks per IP?  Doubtful.* Now *do you fools see why I could afford to trade
the likes of Feliz...that trade was just a warm up, I assure you.  Even
geniuses like me need a little spring training, a little practice in the
batting cage....

"On the other hand, I am not too sure I really have much to worry about this
season.  My one concern was the Nukes, but with that team mired in last
place, saddled by the sorearmed trio of Lester, Pabelbon and Verlander, and
burdened by the likes of Milton Bradley, Ellsbury and Hill, I am confident
that their season was over as soon as the bidding ended on Bradley.  And I
expect that all others in my path shall soon before me.

"For now, that is all. But I assure each and every one of you that I will
remind you of my greatness and my Promise: the Damon comes home with me."