[USML Announce] Stone Alone

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 11:43:34 EDT 2010

Hey, Rich, does this bring back sweet memories.....

MINNEAPOLIS -- Red Sox outfielder Mike
Cameron<http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=3331>is
returning to Boston to meet with team doctors Friday after an initial
diagnosis here showed a possible kidney stone, his agent said Friday
morning.

 [image: Cameron]
Cameron
 [image: Ellsbury]
Ellsbury

"I spoke to Cam last night,'' agent Mike Nicotera wrote in a message. "Seems
to be a kidney stone that he needs to pass. He's going to follow up with
doctors in Boston today.''

Cameron was scratched from the starting lineup before Thursday's game after
complaining of lower abdominal pain. He was briefly examined by a Twins team
doctor before it was determined he should remain behind.

Initially, it was thought Cameron might have had appendicitis.

"I'm just pretty sore,'' Cameron said. "It's unusual. I've never experienced
anything like it.

"I was able to come here and stretch, try to get loose, went outside and
ran, but could hardly even walk after that. If there was a dog after me, I
had no chance today.''