[USML Announce] Roster Question

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Sun Aug 15 18:59:07 EDT 2010

Will we continue to permit teams to stay above the floor by rostering
players that aren't active on an AL roster?

Should we address both sides of this issue or just the ceiling concern?

If we decide against allowing teams to roster inactive players to keep above
the floor, what happens if a team simply can't fill a spot?

-- Rich

  _____

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf
Of Mark Blocker
Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2010 5:03 PM
To: 'USML Announcements'
Subject: RE: [USML Announce] Roster Question

It sounds like a good chunk of the league has spoken.

However, this is why I have in the past said that we should clarify our
rules on the spot each time we resolve any ambiguities.  This is exactly
what happens each time we have one of these: someone relies on a
recollection of what we have done in the past, others can't recall or
remember those events differently, and we end up with what amounts to an
in-season fix by vote with no lasting effect.  I'd be inclined to adopt a
rule right now that says you either can or cannot have an open slot.  I
don't care which (I am in 8th place!), but let's have an easy to read rule.

  -- Mark B.