[USML Announce] USML - Draft Date

Mark Blocker mbblocker at aol.com
Tue Feb 9 22:40:50 EST 2010

League:

  We have now heard from most owners, and it does not appear that there is a
weekend where everyone is available.  In fact, there were at least two
people who could not make it on every weekend day from among the dates we
were selecting.  Andy, to answer your question, the Sunday, April 11 date
did not work either (Jim B and Buddha both out, and Mark K saying he could
make it only in a pinch).  This means we will have to look at some
alternatives.

  The one alternative that was suggested was drafting on a weeknight.  Keep
in mind that the full draft is usually six hours, so if we choose to do
that, we need to start as early in the evening as possible.  I am open to
suggestions, but let me suggest that we look during the week of March 22.
The week of March 29 is closer to the start of the season, but that week
includes Passover, and for many, it is the week of Spring Break.  So please
send around your availability for one of those days during that week.

  As for the stat service, I heard no complaints about onroto, so we will
stay the course.  It does appear that they are still in business, because
they have posted a 2010 FAQ and indicated that they have rolled over the
2009 leagues for use in 2010.  Jeff W, do we know if they are a sound choice
for 2010?

  Please respond as soon as you can.  Thanks.