[USML Announce] No CTA for Cats!

Andy Klein anrklein at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 12:41:08 EST 2010

Full story here, key quote follows:
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/ncf/news/story?id=5814593

"Northwestern senior cornerback Justan Vaughn doesn't like riding  Chicago's
elevated train system, but even he was looking forward to  traveling by railway
to Saturday's game against Illinois at Wrigley  Field.  But Vaughn and his
teammates won't have that  chance. The CTA and Northwestern lawyers weren't able
to resolve  liability issues in time, and the Wildcats announced Tuesday they
will  not be taking the "El" to Thursday's practice and Saturday's game in
Chicago."

So let me get this straight.  Jansen is the CTA's general counsel.  Sidley
represents Northwestern.  And the two "sides" can't figure out a way to put a
bunch of college kids on a train from Evanston to Wrigley?!  Let me tell you, if
this matter were being handled by Winick's new firm, we wouldn't be reading
embarrassing stories like this ...

That is all.