[USML Announce] Prosecutors: NU students wore hidden wires - Chicago Breaking News

springkerb at aol.com springkerb at aol.com
Wed Nov 17 16:33:05 EST 2010

Protess is a real peach of a guy.  Not too long ago, Dick O'Brien (of Sidley) had to resign as Protess's counsel after revealing to the judge that misrepresentaions had been made regarding document production.  All the lawyers in the league will immediately realize that this means Protess had been lying to his own lawyer.  And those of us who know O'Brien also know that he would have done everything ethically possible to represent Protess.

I also have it on good authority that Protess is far from universally loved among the Medill faculty. My source on that is un-named.