[USML Announce] Really?

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Tue Sep 28 08:19:27 EDT 2010

Jeff:

  Really, some fact checking on your part would help.  Matt Forte has
110 yards rushing -- for the season -- so which of your comments about
absence of running game/offensive line does not apply to the Bears?

  As for penalties, I think John is saying that the alleged interference
on Bennett was the 18th and decisive penalty.  And I think you may be on
to something with the missed holding call; refs never miss a single
penalty in any game, especially holding.

  I agree with you though that ARod is a great QB.  Cutler is not.

  Anyway, I would prefer if you just said thank you.  The Bears won't
get a more gift-wrapped game than that one.

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On
Behalf Of Jeff Winick
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:07 AM
To: USML Announcements
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] Really?

Fruiter is correct. 43 yards. My mistake. That certainly makes all the
difference in the world.

I am curious about the penalties. Which one cost them the game? The
holding call that gave Arod enough time to find Finley?  One of the two
egregiously stupid personal fouls in the winning drive?  Hard to know
which one you're referring to.  There are so many to choose from.
Actually I thought the missed holding call (Peppers) on Arod's rushing
touchdown was the only thing that kept you in the game. Was that the
one?  But you still lost.

18 penalties and an inability to strike quickly with an admittedly great
QB due to the utter absence of a running game and an offensive line that
doesn't know how to block without jumping or holding. That's what I saw.
Apparently you were watching a different game.

TOeFuKi

P. S. That was for you Buddha. Hope you appreciate this analysis as
well.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 28, 2010, at 6:51 AM, "JOHN FRUIT, FAF ADVISORS INC."
<jfruit1 at bloomberg.net> wrote:

> for the record, the Packers' RBs had 43 yds rushing to the Bears' RBs
38.  The
> Packers had 18 penalties....if they would have had 17 penalties, the
Bears

-------
> Material based on data from sources deemed reliable;
accuracy/completeness not guaranteed. Not for use as a primary basis of
investment decisions; not to be construed to meet needs of any investor.
Not a representation or solicitation of an offer to sell/buy any
security. Securities may not be eligible for solicitation in all states.
Opinions subject to change. Past performance does not guarantee future
results.

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: To comply with certain U.S. Treasury regulations, we inform you
that, unless expressly stated otherwise, any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this
communication, including attachments, was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be
used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed on such
taxpayer by the Internal Revenue Service. In addition, if any such tax advice is used or referred
to by other parties in promoting, marketing or recommending any partnership or other entity,
investment plan or arrangement, then (i) the advice should be construed as written in connection
with the promotion or marketing by others of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed in this
communication and (ii) the taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer's particular
circumstances from an independent tax advisor.
immediately.