[USML Announce] Ask Brad

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 19:13:25 EDT 2011

Dear LAB:
  You get one question, not three.
  But I'll give you a pass since you've lost Longoria for a few weeks
and need cheering up.
  So here goes:
     1. Yes. Several teams. Remember: it's a marathon, not a race. And
this: pitching, pitching, pitching. But not the Berliners' kind:
expensive and awful.
     2.  Not yet. May 1. Mike Trout.
     3.  I could tell right away that wasn't Matt LaPorta at first
base. For one thing, the guy there looked Hispanic; for another thing
he could hit.
     And did you notice how shaky Matt Thornton looked in the eighth
as he allowed several inherited runs to score and let the game get out
of reach?  Time to set Sale, if you catch my breeze.

That's all for now. As always, thanks for asking!
Brad