[USML Announce] Ask Brad

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 10:38:31 EDT 2011

Dear WIM:
   Your question seems more of a rhetorical one and frankly, when
asked of someone who must decide on a weekly basis whether to activate
Nix or Wood at 3B, strikes me as somewhat  irksome.
    You already have an embarassment of riches at your CI slots
(compare to say, the Berliners, whose CI slots consist of Smoak and
mirrors). At 1B you have Miguel Cabrera, who has the strenghth of
three sober men, as well as Daric Barton and the Royals' King Kaaihue.
 It really doesn't matter who you slot at 3B.  But I will add that a
more prudent man would have bid $6 on Tribe slugger Jack Hanahan. Now
there is some talent.

Thanks for asking!
Brad