[USML Announce] Red Hots Simmer Over Stolen Base Woes

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 18:54:18 EDT 2011

ITEM:
 Blue Jays center fielder Rajai Davis is set to go on the 15-day
disabled list Tuesday with soreness in his right ankle.
Davis was attempting to play through the injury, but the club
eventually decided an extended period of rest was required.
"We're just trying to get ahead of it as best we can," said Blue Jays
manager John Farrell. "His game is centered around speed and we've got
to make sure he has ample time to get it back to 100 percent."

LOSER: Mighty Red Hots get burned again by the Injury Hex. With Davis
out indefinitely and Borbon batting below .200 --while averaging 0 SB
per 20 ABs-- the team faces a severe shortage of stolen sacks, and a
trendline pointing DOWNWARD.

WINNER: Klein Nine. A magical season, which began with Ortiz for a
buck, continues as the once-vaunted Red Hots face early elimination.
The K9 cannot and will not get any better, but so long as their
competition continues to get a little worse, the trendline points
toward  A 2011 CHAMPIONSHIP.