[USML Announce] Angries Won't Josh About Latest Injury Woes

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 19:12:33 EDT 2011

Kerbs, I agree with you about Beckett, but his performance should be
expected as indicated by his $20 salary.  As for Fuld, I fret that you
paid for last week's performance, but will see little return on your
$16 investment. But you have Jennings in the wings, so no worry.

As for Mark Blocker's riposte about Mr. Bedard (a $1 Best Buy), I'll
say only that stats are but one element of the story, and anyone who
sees Bedard pitch marvels at his skills and talent. Perhaps Brother
Blocker's comment reflects sour grapes over the salaries his team pays
to Liriano and Hughes, whose stats and performance tell a tragic tale
of over-hype and hidden injuries.

Another note: in printing the league's rosters last night I observed
that all activated rookies (i.e., McGee, Crow, Britton, Drabek) show a
"0" instead of "Y1" for their contract status.

--Brad Lee