[USML Announce] If I Wood Have Known Better

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 12:34:58 EDT 2011

ITEM:
The Los Angeles Angels finally cut ties with struggling infielder
Brandon Wood, once one of the organization's brightest prospects.

Wood, 26, was designated for assignment following Tuesday night's game
in Texas to make roster room for shortstop Erick Aybar to come off the
15-day disabled list

LOSER: Me.  All these years dedicated to this young slugger.  For
what? A piece of useless filler on my reserve list.  I can only hope
that a team that needs a real third baseman, like the Blue Jays or
maybe the Yankees, picks him up.