[USML Announce] ESPN.com:Ex-Duke star Scheyer joins MaccabiTel Aviv

Richard Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Tue Jul 5 17:16:08 EDT 2011

Giggle

  _____

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf
Of anrklein at gmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 3:53 PM
To: USML Announcements
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] ESPN.com:Ex-Duke star Scheyer joins MaccabiTel
Aviv

Doug,

Just heard that Scheyer rescinded his acceptance at Maccabi Tel Aviv, and
will play instead for Paykan Tehran of the Iranian Basketball League.

-Andy

On , Doug Shabelman <Doug.Shabelman at burnsent.com> wrote:

> Right, "can" and "would have been..."
>

> Please- Scheyer the turncoat was a good college player, right team, right
time. He's slow, can't create and would be blown away on defense every
possession in the NBA.

> The guy is lucky to be where he is and he should be thankful if his career
goes as well as Tom Kleinschmidt, another guy who "would have been" in the
NBA but for .....

> Doug Shabelman, President
>
> Burns Entertainment & Sports Marketing, Inc.
>
> (847)866-9400 (office)
>
> (773)269-9732 (mobile)

MaccabiTel     Aviv

> Thanks for sending this. This was big news in Northbrook when it was
>
> announced a few weeks ago, and people in town are still hoping he can make
>
> it to the NBA.  As many in the USML know, Scheyer is (and despite the
recent

> Packers Super Bowl win, remains) my favorite athlete, having delivered two
>
> titles while I watched live (GBN 2005 and Duke 2010).  He's a clutch
player

> who can and should be in the NBA (and probably would have been on the
Miami

> Heat this year were it not for a horrific injury), but for now, Israel is
>
> clearly his best bet.
>

>   -- Mark B.

Behalf

https://r.espn.go.com/members/modifyNewsletters?pageName=ESPNNewsletterPage