[USML Announce] Drafy Day Observations......

Jeffrey Winick jhwinick at aol.com
Mon Mar 14 12:03:50 EDT 2011

I'm certainly no fan of Mark Reynolds and his .198 average, but I do
think he'll put up the power numbers.  The problem is that Adam Dunn
will hit more home runs (perhaps a lot more) and is nearly a lock to
hit at his standard .260 average.  For $11 more, he was the far better
way to go.

As for comparisons to Edwin Encarnacion, I'm no fan of his either, but
he's $8 cheaper and he hit 21 home runs last year in only 330 at bats
due to health issues.  If he can stay healthy, at least he has some
upside.

Mark's point is well taken and why Andy's buy of Alex Rodriguez (and
maybe Rich's buy of Michael Young) now looks so shrewd.  There simply
wasn't much available at third base.

The King