[USML Announce] Fwd: Congrats to the Red Hots

Richard Robbins rerobbins at itinker.net
Mon Sep 19 18:13:46 EDT 2011

Jeff -- that can't be disputed.  You said on draft day that I wouldn't win without Verlander and Lester and that I needed to get them.  You made me pay a stiff price.  You also said I'd end up with Zobrist back on my roster.  Right again.  Of course, you also intimated that I should have kept Zobrist and cut League -- but maybe I misinterpreted your comments.  I'm pleased with the way that last roster move worked out.  Heck, even Rauch chipped in with a few saves.  I was questioning my decision to extend a few contracts and give up some draft day money.  I had hoped that by turning a few guys in year three into players with longer but still attractive contracts I might be better positioned to trade.  In retrospect that seems like it was a good decision.

Is Verlander a credible MVP candidate?

It's has been 16 years since I last won.  At this rate, the next time will be when I'm 65.