[USML Announce] Rosh Hashanah -- A Time To Reflect

Richard Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Thu Sep 29 14:59:43 EDT 2011

Oops -- I was too hasty this morning in tallying margins.

Biggest margin, 2011 Red-Hots at 20.5 points

The 2004 Nukes won by 16.
The 1996 Berliners won by 15.
The 1997 Riptorns won by 14.
The 2010 Berliners won by 12.5.

-----Original Message-----
From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf
Of Richard Robbins
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011 9:11 AM
To: USML Announcements
Subject: [USML Announce] Rosh Hashanah -- A Time To Reflect

When was the last time the major league regular season ended with the start
of Rosh Hashanah?

Pinch me (and forgive me for mixing up my religious references) - after
visiting the promised land sixteen years ago the Red-Hots have been
wandering in the desert, until now.  And if history repeats, the franchise
will be lost again until 2027.

The Red-Hots left only five points on the table.  I thought that was pretty
good.  Best ever?  Nope.

The 2001 Nukes did that with 67 out of 72 points.  Our last year of playing
4x4 (nine teams in the league that year)

The Riptorns did even better in 1998 with 84 out of 88 points (eleven teams
in the league that year).

However, the 2011 Red-Hots now hold the record for biggest winning margin at
20.5 points.  The next closest being the 2010 Berliners at 12.5 points.

For now, at least, and with apologies to Rick, I am

King Richard