[USML Announce] USML Week In Review: Sign of the Beast

Andrew Klein anrklein at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 07:28:26 EDT 2012

Master Jansen,

Apologies for my delayed response.  Several points ...

1.  Jeff Winick -- you know me better that.  I did *not* wash down the
Vicodin with cheap wine.  It was 12-year old Macallan whisky. Give me a
little bit of credit.

2.  As for the pitchers, I scoured rosters for someone as valuable as,
say,  a $10 Martin Perez who might be sporting a 5.00 ERA in AA.  But,
alas, no such creature was available this year.  So I took two 23-year
old guys who are likely to have rotation slots next year with a combined
salary of $7.  They might end up being shitty.  But if they rise to even
below average, they fit the K9 strategy pretty well.

3.  As for A-Gone, he is $35, not $31.  And when I traded him to the
Brats, he had only 10 homers for the year.  I had no idea that he would
go absolutely bonkers the minute he left my roster. Apparently John
did.  Of course, that's why John is  making zillions of dollars for
people on Wall Street while I'm toiling away teaching fledgling lawyers
in Indiana.  (And looking back on my earlier trade, how the hell did
John know that Jeff Keppinger was going to turn into Ryne Sandberg?!
Really, people, we need to stop squabbling about baseball and start
buying John's investment newsletter!)

That is all ... except that I still plan to finish in fifth place to
earn next year's first rotation-round draft pick.  And if I do, I'm
going to pick a bean.  You heard it hear first!!

That is all.

-Andy