[USML Announce] "Two Eggs" to Rays While Blocker Remains Mum on Draft Date

Jeffrey Winick jwinick at harriswinick.com
Mon Dec 10 08:17:01 EST 2012

Don't blame Mr. B.  It's my fault.  As of right now, I have a trial scheduled for March 18th in Orlando.  If it goes, I'm afraid that I may have to designate someone to draft for me since the trial is scheduled to take 4 weeks.

I would suggest that we go ahead and schedule the draft for the morning of March 17th and I will hope that the case gets settled before then.  As far as draft location, I would suggest that we schedule the draft for Harris Winick, but have a backup plan if the trial is going forward.

Now - for the more important things:

There is NO CHANCE that Two Eggs is in the Tampa rotation in 2013.  You heard it here first.
As for Wade Davis, why is having a starting pitcher in the Kansas City rotation a good thing?
And BJ Upton to the NL wasn't a loss to the Berliners.  The core of Manny Machado, Eric Hosmer, Trevor Plouffe, Carlos Santana, Austin Jackson, Asdrubal Cabrera, Jake Peavy, Matt Moore and Max Scherzer (all for less than $100) remains undisturbed.

That is all.