[USML Announce] Anyone Surprised About This Story

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Fri Feb 24 10:09:27 EST 2012

Oh, I believe he is innocent, sure.  As I understand the facts, his
defense was that yeah, he was using steroids, but that the mlb guy
should have hurried to get his sample to fed-ex on Saturday, and when he
didn't, end of story.  That's convincing to me.  Plus, while not much
has been reported about this, I heard that during the arbitration, he
was asked to try on Prince Fielder's batting glove, and it did not fit,
and well, you know the legal rule concerning ill fitting gloves.  Count
me among the skeptical for now.

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On
Behalf Of springkerb at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:47 PM
To: announce at usml.net
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] Anyone Surprised About This Story

Good writer, great reporter. And this story begs for reporting (beyond
Braun's people saying he's been vindicated and the anti-doping folks
saying he's getting a free pass). But unfortunately, she's busy (and
she's not a sportswriter). I hope somebody will do the story right, but
I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it.