[USML Announce] USML - Minutes from Today's meeting

Mark Blocker mbblocker at aol.com
Fri Feb 24 20:41:08 EST 2012

Gang:

  For all of the downtown USMLers, today was a big event: the Winick
Magazine signing!  Four league members now have highly valuable,
much-sought-after autographed copies of the Fantasy Baseball Guide.  This
signature alone will surely propel one of us to victory.  If you were not
able to make today's event, I reproduce below the minutes of the meeting
that followed the signing.

1.  It was universally agreed that the trade in which the Bombers acquired
Matt Wieters (a Winick pick) was an excellent one for all sides.  Klein
phoned in his agreement in abstentia.

2.  League members wondered silently if new member Dennis Adams, who
attended, was even alive when the USML was started in 1989.

3.  Those in attendance agreed not to formulate retention rosters until Brad
circulates full lists for all teams.

4.  The assembled crowd wonder what Doug Shabelman is up to and whether he
will be attending the draft live or via (curiously noisy) phone call.

5.  I believe an Elijah Dukes fan club is forming.get your charter
memberships now.

6.  Fond memories of Mike Rogers, a co-owner of the Riptorns when they were
actually competitive.

  That is all.

  -- Mark