[USML Announce] Yu Lights Up My Life

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 13:22:27 EST 2012

ITEM:
Rangers CEO Nolan Ryan reiterated over the weekend that he's "optimistic" a
deal will get done by the deadline and that Yu Darvish would be pitching in
a Rangers uniform this season.
"My expectation is that we'll get something done," Ryan said. "It's a
process, so during the period that we negotiate with someone, we really
don't talk about it. I'm optimistic we'll get something done."

BIG WINNER: Nukes' $2 Darvish dice roll will loom large as they aim
warheads at first place finish in 2012 with league's best pitcher.

HUGE LOSER: Berliners lose status as prohibitive favorites with Darvish in
Nukes' arsenal, especially with Matusz still in their ranks.