[USML Announce] Money Count

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 13:24:50 EST 2012

Dennis, my noble young friend:
   The variances you so wisely identified are the result of the Daddies and
Riptorns waiving players with guaranteed long-term contracts; Brett
Anderson ($10) of the Daddies and Brian Matusz ($7)  of the Rips.
   Per our league constitution, players with long-term contracts may be
waived prior to the draft so long as their guaranteed salaries are deducted
from the team's auction day allowance. There are other aspects of this rule
and, frankly, for some time I thought that the constitution's primary
author and interpreter, Richard E. Robbins, should have published an
annotated version.  Perhaps as part of your legal studies you would
consider such a worthy endeavor.

--Brother Brad