[USML Announce] Keith Law on Fantasy Baseball

Jeffrey Winick jhwinick at aol.com
Tue Mar 20 10:58:16 EDT 2012

Just to brighten the mood after Brad Lee's unnecessarily dour post
about A-Jax, I thought I'd share Keith Law's answer to the following
question:

Q:  Anyone light you up so far this spring?

A:  I think Eric Hosmer ends up on MVP ballots this year. I'm not
saying he's talented, but he can tell you an electron's position AND
its momentum. I also have come around a bit late on Jemile Weeks as a
hitter; if he gives back some average in 2012, he'll retain his value
through more doubles and even double-digit homers. I saw Manny Machado
in a split-squad major league game Sunday and I don't think he's as far
away as I thought a month ago -- and that's referring to his offense
and defense. I'm not advocating this by any means, but if the Baltimore
Orioles decide to push him hard this year, I think he could see the
majors by September. If you're in a deep keeper league, take note.