[USML Announce] Eva Longoria & Miggy

rickgam at comcast.net rickgam at comcast.net
Tue May 1 14:39:48 EDT 2012

Greetings;

ITEM 1:

Rays third baseman Evan Longoria could miss six-to-eight weeks, according to a report by the Tampa Bay Times ' Marc Topkin .

Longoria has a hamstring issue, according to the report, and the team is still "sorting through options" to replace him.

ITEM 2:

The Mariners are expected to put catcher Miguel Olivo on the disabled list after suffering a groin injury on Monday night at Tampa Bay.

Olivo got his foot caught on the Tropicana Field turn as he fielded a nubber by B.J. Upton with one out in the ninth inning, resulting in a groin injury.

"I tried to be aggressive, the way I am, and make that play at first base. My leg stuck in the grass and I felt a pop in my groin," Olivo told Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times . "I know that feeling. I know my body. I have to be honest with myself. I know it's not going to be easy. It's hurting and real painful."

Olivo missed three weeks last spring after suffering a groin injury, but said Monday's was worse.

WINNER:

   Hoosier Daddies.  Soria, Bailey, Olivo, Eva ....... Alright roto gods, whose Cheerios did I piss in?  Nevertheless, with my plethora of exciting keepers, this opens up the gates to wheel & deal and put some fear into Winick.  That's right, the H.D.s are still playing for 2012!

LOSERS:

    Anyone who waits until June 1 , when the minor leaguers can be dealt.

  Y'all know where to find me,

     Rick