[USML Announce] Berliners See Red Over Eric

Jeffrey Winick jhwinick at aol.com
Thu May 17 15:04:47 EDT 2012

All you guys and your selective memories.

Professor, you traded me an overpriced, overweight guy that you weren't
going to keep anyway (CC Sabathia $34) after having failed in all
efforts to get some other sucker to bite (if I recall John Fruit was
smart enough to say no).  I traded you a guy that was being touted not
only by yours truly, but also by ESPN hotshots Karabell and Law.  The
decision to keep him was all yours - you could have simply walked away
after saddling me with a $34 tub of lard and felt satisfied.

So, don't hold your breath waiting for an apology.

But he sure does suck, doesn't he?

And just so the record is clear - I just traded away King Felix and
Miguel Cabrera in another league to get a cheap and retainable Eric
Hosmer.  I'll be very happy to have him on my team for the next few
years, so wipe your tears Professor.  All is well in Berliner land.

That is all.