[USML Announce] Berliners See Red Over Eric

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Fri May 18 14:37:28 EDT 2012

Jeff:

  Thanks for the commercial.  I had to double-check to see if the message was from you or Brad, but further investigation is underway.  For the benefit of the rest of the league, though, would you say young Mr. Myers is the next Hosmer?

  As for the Bombers, I noticed that as of this morning I am tied with the Klein Nine.  If you want to know how to tell if a team needs to consider dumping, proximity to the Klein Nine is definitely a litmus test.  Hopefully my team's fortunes will pick up, but if not, you know where to find me.

  -- Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Winick
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 1:31 PM
To: announce at usml.net
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] Berliners See Red Over Eric

Mark,

You don't have to be the president of the Berliner Fan Club to
recognize the potential in young Mr. Myers.  This was just posted to
ESPN.com:

1. Wil Myers, OF, Kansas City Royals (Last week: unranked)
Last week's stats (at Double-A Northwest Arkansas/Triple-A Omaha):
8-for-22 (.364), 2 HR, 6 RBIs
Season totals: .345-13-31, 4 SB in 36 games
Update: No. 1 with a bullet! Myers was tearing up the Texas League,
hitting home runs in five of six games at one point while hitting
.343-13-30 in 35 games, but considering he wasn't on the Royals' 40-man
roster and was sitting at Double-A, and with the Royals not expected to
contend, Myers didn't look like much more than a September call-up.
Then came Thursday's promotion to Triple-A, an indication that the
Royals might be thinking much sooner than that.
What he can do: One of the best pure hitters in the minors, Myers
combines an excellent approach at the plate with a lightning-quick bat
and rapidly developing power. He's not a runner, but he has everything
it takes to be a middle-of-the-order impact bat.

Of course, you won't be interested because rumor has it that you're all
in this year and foregoing the annual drive for five.  Nonetheless, if
you happen to change your mind, you know where to find me.