[USML Announce] The Man is Up!

Andrew Klein anrklein at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 18:41:22 EDT 2012

<<
*09.16:* Royals purchased the contract of RHP Jake Odorizzi
<http://baseball2.onroto.com/baseball/webnew/display_player_profile.pl?USML+2+2653&session_id=J3Sb7u9Ptn6Xk8hr9yLdgDkBlrtpw>
from Triple-A Omaha./(Odorizzi had to be added to the 40-man roster in
order to be protected from this winter's Rule 5 draft, anyway, but the
Royals want to give him a late-season look. The right-hander put up a
3.03 ERA and 135/50 K/BB ratio between Double- and Triple-A this season.
Having already thrown 145 1/3 innings, Odorizzi's workload over the
final weeks won't be substantial.)/<<

Sadly, I'll have to keep him reserved to preserve his contract status.
Otherwise, "Two Eggs" would propel me past the LMC and the Hoosier
Daddies in the standings.

Speaking of standings, are we allow to congratulate John Fruit on his
victory yet??