[USML Announce] Notice of Hot Wax: First Deal Of2013--IanIsBelievin'

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Mon Jan 21 19:03:35 EST 2013

True story:  I learned over my December vacation that an infamous Chicago rapper named Chief Keef had moved from the South Side to “tony Northbrook” (from the internet, not my words).  Since he is 17, I assume he will be going to GBN.  He is already the talk of the GBN student body.  Not knowing anything about him, I consulted the only reliable source, Wikipedia, to get more information on my new town-mate.  The Wikipedia description read like a greek novel, filled with names and stories I was sure were made up.  While in Florida, my kids and college-aged nieces all educated me on what a Big Deal the people described in the Wikipedia entry are.  Anyway, I learned some stuff about rappers in the process, and when I saw Brad’s reference to Lupe Fiasco (one of the names I thought was made up!), I could not resist the chance to flex my new-found knowledge and street cred.  By the way, Giselle assures me that one of Chief Keef’s songs is listed at #70 in I-Tunes.  You just cannot make this stuff up!!

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf Of Jeff Winick
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 5:52 PM
To: USML Announcements
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] Notice of Hot Wax: First Deal Of2013--IanIsBelievin'

No Chief Keef is not on staff.  Nor is Chief Wanna Hocka Luey or whomever else Mr. B is referring to.

The magazine research staff proclaim this a big win for the RipTorns. Chisenhal has some potential value but likely would have been available at the draft for a similar price. Roberts is broken and certainly would have been available for $5 or less. Kinsler is a 20/20 middle infielder and is MOT. 'Nuff said.

Jeff

The Big Chief

Sent from my iPhone