[USML Announce] Just Saying....

Jeffrey Winick jwinick at harriswinick.com
Tue Jul 9 17:08:28 EDT 2013

Unbiased?  Of course.  I merely report the facts.  For example, it's demonstrably true that the Carolina League is extremely favorable for pitchers, so that when a highly touted bean in the Carolina League, like Zimmer, isn't able to keep his ERA below 5, it usually spells trouble.  And reporting information of that sort is the epitome of unbiased reporting.

Always accurate?  I'd have to go with "usually" accurate.  My sources have been wrong every now and then.   For example, some of them actually thought that Zunino would produce in the majors.  As Rotowire admitted just a few days ago:  he should be a quality fantasy catcher in time, but right now, he's a fringe No. 2 catcher in mixed leagues.  So, they clearly aren't "always" accurate.

Neutral?  That would suggest that my choices are entirely random.  And that is most certainly not the case.  I tend to focus on the players that I'm most concerned will lead an unsuspecting owner to disappointment.  Hence, my most recent focus on the Red Hots' roster.

That is all.

"Edward R" Winick