[USML Announce] Birthday Greetings...

Andy Klein anrklein at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 13:50:30 EDT 2013

Thank you all!

Yesterday was indeed my 50th.  I spent it in Sioux Falls, South Dakota at
the Summit League basketball tournament.  (Some of you know that, in my
current job, I have oversight responsibilities for the IUPUI athletics
program).

In case you're wondering, it was a split decision for IUPUI yesterday.  The
Lady Jags pummeled the UMKC Kangaroos and advanced to tomorrow's semi-final
tilt.  The men's team fought valiantly, but came up short against the
top-seeded South Dakota State Jackrabbits (led by Wooden Award nominee Nate
Wolters).

It's truly March Madness here -- the men's game last night was a hard
sellout in an arena with about 6000 seats.  The Dakotans are hard-core
sports fans (and they appear to be pretty good at beer drinking, too.)

Off to see the South Dakota-North Dakota State women's game.  Pulling for
the NDSU there ... they'll be a better match-up for the Lady Jags tomorrow!

-Andy